The Parish Office, Church Lane, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 8DN   |   01932 856399

Church History

The current parish church was built in 1848, replacing an older and much smaller church which was demolished in 1849. It is not known exactly how old the original church was, but it was believed to have been built sometime between 666 and 1175.

The new church was one of the earliest works of John Loughborough Pearson, the architect of Truro Cathedral. An informative leaflet – A Guided Walk around the Church – is available at the back of the church and explains much of the history of the present church as well as the significance of the various stained glass windows and memorials.

The Friends of St James’ now offer a guided tour of the church.

Full details on their website The Friends of St James.