Members of the congregation contribute to the life and work of St James’ Church Weybridge in many different ways, some with their talents and others by donating regularly to the Parish.
The Parish Giving Scheme (PGS)
This is a new scheme for Parish Giving which has been rolled out in a number of Dioceses across the Church of England and is proving to be very popular. St James’ has introduced this new scheme into the Parish and would like to invite you to become a member.
The PGS offers many advantages to St. James’ including:
- Reduced costs for St James’ as the Scheme is administered by a dedicated team set up by the Diocese
- An improved cash flow through the more regular receipt of Gift Aid.
- It is an easy process for donors to set up their donation through PGS – everything is included in a small welcome pack which can be collected from the Church or the Parish Office. This includes the option to “Gift Aid” your donation, where you are a regular UK tax payer, thereby allowing St James to reclaim the tax on your gift which boosts your donation by 25%.
- It allows us to plan much more effectively for what we will be able to afford in the future.
- Your gift, with your permission, will be automatically increased annually in line with inflation.
- You have the option to give your gift anonymously.
- You can leave the scheme at any point or change the size of your gift by contacting the PGS team.
Quite simply your gift is given on the 1st of the month and by the 10th of the month it is sent directly to St. James’ bank account. Gifts can be monthly, quarterly or annually if preferred. If your gift has been given with Gift Aid then St James’ will receive the additional tax rebate by the end of the month in which the gift is given.
More information on the PGS can also be found on the Guildford Diocese website: Guildford Diocese PGS
Other ways of Giving regularly
If you would like to make a regular donation to St James’ Church but would prefer not to join the PGS above then you can:
(1) Set up a regular payment to our bank account, as follows:
Bank Account No: 32909810 (Weybridge Parochial Church Council)
Sort Code: 60-23-34 (NatWest Weybridge)
Please use your full name as the reference. If you are a tax payer, please click [here] to download a Gift aid declaration to accompany your donation. Please post this to the Parish Office.
(2) Give through your employers payroll giving scheme (this only applies if your employer runs such a scheme – your Human Resources department can provide details on this).
(3) Set up a Charities Aid Foundation Donation Scheme – please see www.caf.org.uk for more information.
Other ways to give
- A regular collection is taken at all Sunday services. Please use the giving envelopes provided.
- If you would like to send the Church a cheque please make it payable to St James Weybridge PCC and send it to the Treasurer c/o the Parish Office.
- You may also like to consider leaving a donation to St James’ Church in your will.
The Parish welcomes gifts in wills, however large or small. We promise to use such gifts to make a difference to the work of the church (eg by funding development projects in the parish,whether buildings, equipment or staff). We will consult with the executors to identify the sorts of projects the donor would have liked. Please speak to one of the Clergy or church wardens for further information.
Please ask your solicitor when you make or change your will, or ask us for more information.
Tax Efficient Giving
If you pay UK tax (Income or Capital Gains Tax) and would like us to be able to claim back the basic rate tax, you will need to fill in, sign and return to us an ongoing Gift Aid declaration if you have not done so already. The benefit to St James’ Church is that it can recover the basic rate of income tax, currently 25p for each pound given. (If you pay higher rate tax, you may recover this through your own tax return.)
It is your responsibility to notify St James’ Church if you want to cancel this declaration, change your name or home address or if you no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
St James’ Church is a Registered Charity (Reg Charity No 1130714)
Whilst the information below relates to financial giving, other pages on this site explain the many ways you can get involved and contribute to the life of the church. Please do not hesitate to contact the Rector, Curate, Church Wardens or Parish Office if you would like to get involved.